Emergency calls for pets eating cannabis surge 765% over past decade

ASPCA says it received more than 1,800 calls in 2018, with the legalisation of cannabis products largely to blame

If you hear a rustling in your kitchen in the middle of the night, and venture downstairs only to find your dog making an unreasonably tall sandwich, don’t be surprised. The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) says calls about pets getting high from accidentally eating either edible weed products or the cannabis plant itself have risen 765% over the past decade.

Related: Pot-loving dogs: why cannabis extract is the new trend for our pets

Here’s a short clip of my dog at the hospital after she found an edible on our walk at the park! pic.twitter.com/ramq9MS96i

Related: Why dog owners are giving their pets cannabis

Continue reading…
Source: theguardian
Emergency calls for pets eating cannabis surge 765% over past decade